I have always been a fan of the circus, trapeze artists and acrobats, the way they move through the air, so fluidly. To an outsider, they make it look so easy.
It’s a great sport. A fantastic sport, one of which I recently took an interest in. It is truly amazing, and who knows, it may even help me combat my fear of heights. I am all about new experiences and trying new things. This falls right in line.
I decided to sign up and take Lyra classes at Air Temple in Woodbridge, CT. My first class was yesterday, and here is what happened:
- I developed a whole new appreciation for the skill, athleticism and technique that is required to do aerials
- I realized how much core & upper body strength is required
- I realized how much flexibility is required
- I learned a new skill
- I got blisters all over my hands
- I found a new passion
- I learned that you are never too old. NEVER!
- I woke up the next morning in an indescribable pain
- I can’t wait until my next class